- Air Canada leased an ex-Air France A321-200 (1299) with CFM56s from Aircastle.
- AAR completed maintenance work on the 200th Air Canada aircraft at its 188,000 sq ft facility in Duluth, MN. Maintenance includes installing additional premium economy seats, enlarging economy class, integrating new AVOD system, and performing maintenance checks. (source SpeedNews)
- Air Canada flight attendants, represented by the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), have ratified a 10-year collective agreement. CUPE represents 6,500 flight attendants at Air Canada and 700 at Air Canada rouge
These new routes will be operated by Air Canada mainline, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express aircraft.
New routes include:
- Daily Salt Lake City-Toronto service from May 28, 2016;
- Daily Portland, Oregon-Toronto service from May 27, 2016;
- 2X-daily Washington Dulles-Toronto Air Canada Express service from May 2, 2016;
- 2X-weekly Jacksonville, Florida-Toronto Air Canada Express service from May 21, 2016;
- Daily Denver-Montreal service from June 4, 2016;
- Daily Houston-Montreal Air Canada Express service from June 6, 2016;
- 2X-daily Philadelphia-Montreal Air Canada Express service from May 24, 2016;
- 3X-weekly Phoenix-Calgary Air Canada rouge service, continued from winter schedule;
- Daily San Francisco-Calgary Air Canada Express service from June 18, 2016;
- Daily Chicago-Vancouver service from June 4, 2016;
- Daily San Diego-Vancouver Air Canada rouge service from June 2, 2016;
- 2X-daily San Jose-Vancouver Air Canada Express service from May 9, 2016.
- 2015 - Nov 3 - Non-stop Toronto-New Delhi inaugurated with B-787-9 service.