AC Life App Information
A C Life App
On September 6, 2017 Air Canada released a new App for Smartphones (called the AC Life App) that is available to Air Canada Employees and Retirees. This App is only available from the ACaeronet App Store at https://appstore.aircanada.com/ and is not available from Google Play (Android Devices) or the Apple Apps Store (Apple Devices). Since there has been a lot of interest in this App and accompanying confusion on how to access and use it, we have compiled details below.
Note: Please bookmark this page as it will be updated as new information is received.
ACaeronet Password Reset (if required)
AC Life App
- The AC Life App is only available to those that have permission to use it. Access is presently provided for Air Canada employees and retirees that also have access to the AC Aeronet site. The AC Aeronet site is at https://acaeronet.aircanada.com/. If you forget where this site is, just Google ACaeronet and it will come up with the link for the (publicly accessible) login site.
- If you don't have access to the AC Aeronet site then you won't be able to access the AC Life App. Your next step is to (1) Ascertain that you are eligible (2) Reset your login if you are eligible.
- Please note the Disclaimer on the ACaeronet Login page: By accessing this Air Canada site, you are confirming that you are authorized to do so and that you will abide by Air Canada's Code of Conduct, Yammer Use Policy and its Information Security Policy. Links to the Code of Conduct and Information Security Policy are available by clicking on the links provided. If you are not an active employee, you can't access Yammer, so don't worry about it.
AC Aeronet Password Reset
- We know that many retirees rarely access the "Aeronet" (or never have) and don't remember their login. It's important that you have access there as it contains an abundance of information for you and has constantly been improving over the years. If you need to contact Air Canada in any way, it's your first step in order to do so.
- On the login page there is a tiny link to reset your password which is missed by most people. See below.
- Clicking on the link will take you to a "POP UP" that will provide information on how to reset your password (see below).
ACaeronet Retiree Login Help
To log in use your user name (e.g. ac123456) and your password. You will be directed to HR Connex and have access to Air Canada news like The Daily and Horizons, the Employee Travel Site and HR Connex all in one place. Note that you do not need to reset your password. If you have password issues, call the IBM Help Desk:
From any location in the Montreal area, call (514) 422-HELP (4357)
Rest of North America
From other locations in Canada and North America (including the United States) call toll-free 1-866-274-5444
From the following Caribbean countries: Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Dominican Republic, Jamaica call toll-free 1-888-541-4790
If you cannot access the toll-free number, call us directly at: (514) 422-HELP (4357)
** Note: Charges apply and country code; local provider dialing specifics are applicable.
- If you KNOW your employee number and have previously logged into the Aeronet then there is an easier way to regain access immediately without calling anyone, etc. If this is the case, then click on "Forgot or Change Password" and you will be taken to a page where you can have a new password sent to your email address on file with Air Canada.
AC Life App
The AC Life App provides users "real time" flight load status and also shows an accurate standby list of those listed on various standby flights. This is primarily designed for use at the boarding gate, so that you can confirm that you are listed and in what order. This will assist in letting you know how many employees (or others) on standby are ahead (or behind you) on any given flight. It is for use on mobile devices only (iPhone, Blackberry, and Android phones) and will not work from a Desktop computer.
- You can access the app by clicking here or visiting https://appstore.aircanada.com/ on your mobile device. (you will get an error when using any other method)
- After logging in to ACaeronet, the page will automatically identify your device and suggest the proper download option for it depending on your device.
- The download file, is quite large (as Apps go) and is 25 MB or so. It may take a while to download it depending on how fast your internet connection is.
There have been "teething" problems with this APP since it is new, here are a few that we are aware of the following.
- Before Launching the App for the first time, ensure that "installation from unknown device" is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Security, and then select the "Unknown Sources" checkbox under "Device Administration".
- "Failed to download" message. This may be because you have a slow internet connection or stopped the download before it was finished or the download "timed out". You can usually "try again" and see if it works the next time. On an older Samsung Device that I attempted this with, it downloaded for 20 minutes and then showed as "Failed". I don't know if the actual download or the installation process failed.
- The App doesn't seem to install on all devices, especially older ones. If you have a newer iPhone or Android device then it should install without any problems.
Apple iPhone or iPad Specific
- You may see a series of screen shots that direct you to do the following. Go to: Settings > General > Profiles and Device Manager > Trust Air Canada > Trust
Return to the web site you opened at the beginning and tap Download. It may appear nothing is happening. Wait a few (30 or so) seconds, then return to your Desktop and look for the AC Life icon. Open it and re-sign in. Be patient – it takes a few seconds.
If you have any comments regarding the App then please submit them below and we will attempt to assist.