Brant and Norfolk Aero Club.
In 1928, the federal government promised a grant and two airplanes to any responsible flying club that would operate a flying field and train pilots.
The Brant-Norfolk Aero Club was founded by a few forward thinking young men who set about finding more members and an air field. In 1929, eighty-five acres of land were purchased by the city on the north east corner of King George Road and Fairview Drive, which was then named the Airport Road. It was also necessary for eight local businessmen to put up a bond to guarantee the functions of the club. Two Avro Avian airplanes arrived in 1929.
The official opening took place on June 6, 1930, followed by a large civic celebration. In 1949, the airport moved to the Burford Road where the No. 5 Service Flying Training School was located during the Second World War. Started 1929 the renamed Brantford Flight Centre, operates at Municipal Airport, Brantford, Ontario (YFD).
A dart-like airliner that promised to revolutionize the air-transport industry broke cover in Toulouse and the state-of-the-art machine that emerged would henceforth be referred to universally with the French spelling of its name - "Concorde".
Source: Fight International December 12, 2017)