Terry Baker, co-founder of the NetLetter scours the internet for aviation related Trivia and Travel Tips for you, our readers, to peruse.
For the first time in aviation history, in 2017, not a single person died anywhere in the world because of a jet airliner accident.
However, one man died in the crash of a Canadian ATR42 turboprop in December.
The chance of dying in an airline crash now is about 1 in 50 million, according to a recent analysis.
Jack Morath the Pionair Social Director at LHR sends this information -
Recently Aureen and I went to Glasgow for the Air Canada PIK Reunion there and we hired a car from Glasgow airport which worked out about £10 per day which was very reasonable.
Details as follows: www.rentalcars.com and phone number 03330035609. Open 24 hours a day seven days a week. Worth doing.
This Lockheed Aircraft Corporation advert in the Flight magazine issued August 17, 1939 has the title "The Newest, Fastest Transcontinental Airline".
Pictured panels are titled:
"Luxurious transports", "Actually made-to-order" and "As a passenger".
Other pictures under "... and why Trans-Canada chooses Lockheeds" with the statements:
"Performance with dependability", "Accurate construction" and "Today's production line".
The conclusion was "The same choice has been made by 28 airlines".
|Interline rates from perx.com
Information and reservations:
- 7 night Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas - April 29, Port Canaveral to Port Canaveral Balcony from $607
- 7 night Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - Apr 29, Tampa to Tampa Balcony from $706
- 7night Caribbean - Caribbean Princess - June 23, Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale Balcony from $649
- 8 night Alaska - Celebrity Millennium - May 10, Vancouver to Seward Balcony from $1274
- 10 night Australia/NZ - Ovation of the Seas - March13, Sydney to Sydney Balcony from $1373
- 12 night Australia/NZ - Celebrity Solstice - March 30, Sydney to Sydney Balcony from $1498
- 7 night Bahamas - Adventure of the Seas - May 11 | Cape Liberty to Cape Liberty Balcony from $657
- 7 night Caribbean - Carnival Fascination March 4, San Juan to San Juan Balcony from $538
- 7 night Caribbean - Disney Wonder March 4, Port Canaveral to Port Canaveral Balcony from $910
- 10 night Caribbean - Azamara Quest - March 9, Miami to Miami Oceanview from $1750
- 7 night Caribbean - Harmony of the Seas April 28, Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale Interior from $689
- 7 night Europe - Back to the 80's - May 6, Southampton to Southampton Balcony from $599
- 12 night Europe - Nautica - May 27, Civitavecchia to Southampton Interior from $1500
- 11 night Mediterranean - Seven Seas Explorer - April 12, Monte Carlo to Barcelona Balcony from $3300
- 12 night Mediterranean - Sirena - July 18, Barcelona to Civitavecchia Oceanview from $1800
All cruise rates listed are per person ($USD).
For cruises, government taxes & fees are additional.
PERX.com brought to you by Interline Vacations
12708 Riata Vista Circle, Suite A-125, Austin, TX 78727
Tel: 512-691-4500 1-800-737-9266