Terry Baker, co-founder of the NetLetter scours the internet for aviation related Trivia and Travel Tips for you, our readers, to peruse.
Reading the NetLetter #1386 and the article about the Croydon airport in the UK brought this memory to Michael Smith who shares this memory -
It was nice to see the article on Croydon. I learnt to fly out of Croydon 1956-57. Flying a DHC-1 Chipmunk. Just a grass field but with a control tower & full communications. I met Douglas Bader there. He was always ready to talk Aviation. He was flying his own aircraft, a Miles Gemini.
Just great to be able to have met such a famous aviator.
Following are some events for World Airlines Clubs Association (WACA) members –
Airline employees and retirees are reminded that in order to participate in one of the WACA events listed below, they must be members of an interline/airline club affiliated with WACA or be WACA members-at-large.
DODO'S nest, hosted by the PEQ Social Club of Air Mauritius, May 19 - 23, 2018.
- Package Price double Occupancy (per person) – USD $900.00
- Single Supplement – USD $400.00
- WACA fee is USD $20.00 extra.
- Extra nights can be arranged at the hotel at the rate of USD 150 on double occupancy on half board basis.
Spring Holy Land Tour.
June 28 - July 4, 2018. Deadline to book June 1, 2018.
The Interline Club of Israel is pleased to invite all Interline club members to visit Israel at end of spring time.
Stay in Tel-Aviv. Visit the City of David & Underground Jerusalem, Masada, Dead Sea, Caesarea, Haifa,
Golan Heights & many other sights.
Rates in US$:
- Per person in a double/ twin room: $1,289.00
- Single Supplement: $750.00
- Extra night in twin/double per person: $125, Single Room $220.00 both on BB basis.
- WACA fee per person: $20.00
WACA are hosting the Wonders of St. Petersburg with Moscow extension.
September 5 - 9, 2018.
- USD $775.00 per person double occupancy; USD $1,040.00 single occupancy.
- Cost for the Moscow extension: USD $395.00 per person double occupancy; USD $515.00 single occupancy.
- WACA fee per person: $20.00 extra.
Hosted by the Interline Club of Portugal.
Grande Festa 2018 Alto Alentejo (Deadline June 30, 2018)
Évora - Alcaçovas - Montemor-O-Novo - Estremoz - Vila Viçosa - Borba - Alandroal - S. Pedro Do Corval - Monsaraz.
October 3 to 6 2018.
Associated / Partners and 1 accompany: Per person / double room: 420 Euros, Per person / single room: 490 Euros